I'd like to tell you what Socrates who was one of the greatest philosophers of all time told one day which can shake whole world in positive manner.
I think everybody knew him already. He always observe his environment. What I am about to tell you can change your mental thinking and if you believe then you can change the world around you.
One day a man, very excitedly came towards Socrates and and said to him that he have a thing to tell him. Socrates have a very calm nature so he doesn't react that much and calmly told him before you say a word I'd like to ask you three simple questions. The man became silent then Socrates continues that if you have 'yes' as an answer for any one of my three question then I'll listen to you otherwise I won't. After a bit thinking the man agreed this statement and one by one Socrates asked his questions.
His questions were:
1. What you are about to tell me is it related with me or is it about me?
Man became silent and said no.
2. What you are going to say is it good in nature or is this can improve someone's situation?
he again thought for a second and said no.
3. His last question was, are you very sure what you are about to tell me is truth?
He thought and said may be... for this it considered as no, because he was not sure.
Socrates' final statement then was, so my dear child why am I listen to you when you know it is not related with me, it is not good for anybody and even it is not even true.
If you think about it a little bit you can understand too that most of the talks in this world are non-sensible. They doesn't make any sense and no one cares about its truth all they care for is fun.
Neglect those people who say bad which is false. Consider them who say bad but true.
Mind it!
I think everybody knew him already. He always observe his environment. What I am about to tell you can change your mental thinking and if you believe then you can change the world around you.
One day a man, very excitedly came towards Socrates and and said to him that he have a thing to tell him. Socrates have a very calm nature so he doesn't react that much and calmly told him before you say a word I'd like to ask you three simple questions. The man became silent then Socrates continues that if you have 'yes' as an answer for any one of my three question then I'll listen to you otherwise I won't. After a bit thinking the man agreed this statement and one by one Socrates asked his questions.
His questions were:
1. What you are about to tell me is it related with me or is it about me?
Man became silent and said no.
2. What you are going to say is it good in nature or is this can improve someone's situation?
he again thought for a second and said no.
3. His last question was, are you very sure what you are about to tell me is truth?
He thought and said may be... for this it considered as no, because he was not sure.
Socrates' final statement then was, so my dear child why am I listen to you when you know it is not related with me, it is not good for anybody and even it is not even true.
If you think about it a little bit you can understand too that most of the talks in this world are non-sensible. They doesn't make any sense and no one cares about its truth all they care for is fun.
Neglect those people who say bad which is false. Consider them who say bad but true.
Mind it!
No comments:
Post a Comment